The Cluster HAT (Hardware Attached on Top) which interfaces a (Controller) Raspberry Pi A+/B+/2/3 with 4 Raspberry Pi Zeros configured to use USB Gadget mode is an ideal tool for teaching, testing or simulating small scale clusters.
The Cluster HAT can be used with any mix of Pi Zero 1.2, Pi Zero 1.3 and Pi Zero W.
- USB Gadget Mode: Ethernet and Serial Console.
- Onboard 4 port USB 2.0 hub.
- Raspberry Pi Zeros powered via Controller Pi GPIO (USB optional).
- Individual Raspberry Pi Zero power controlled via Controller Pi GPIO (I2C).
- Connector for Controller Serial Console (FTDI Basic).
- Controller Pi can be rebooted without interrupting power to Pi Zeros, network recovers on boot (not available when using a Pi4 controller).